- If you have a complaint relating to the System, its installation, or this agreement generally, you can make a complaint to us by:
- calling us on our telephone number as set out in the Quote; or
- giving us written notice of this, by post or email.
- We will handle your complaint in accordance with our standard complaints’ procedures. If
we have volunteered to be bound by the CEC Solar Retailer Code of Conduct, then these
procedures will comply with that Code, and with the Australian Standard on Complaints
Handling AS ISO 10002-2006.
Stage 1 – Frontline Resolution
- We always try to resolve the complaint quickly and to the complainant’s satisfaction wherever possible by following the below –
- Recording the complaint
- Analyse the complaint to best understand the expected outcome for the customer
- Try to provide a resolution straight away (if possible to the satisfaction of the customer)
- Provide a decision on the complaint in writing within 21 working days of when the complaint was made in writing.
- If for any reason the complaint resolution isn’t going as fast as we set out to, we will make
sure that we communicate the need for more time with you and resolve the complaint
within 45 days of the initial complaint. This will now be escalated to Stage 2 of our complaint
- If the complaint is resolved to the customer’s satisfaction, complaint is closed, and outcome is recorded.
Stage 2 – Complaint / Investigation
- Investigate where the complainant is still dissatisfied after communication of decision at Stage 1.
- Investigate where the complaint is particularly complex or will require detailed investigation
- Send acknowledgment within three working days upon escalation.
- Provide a decision as soon as 10 working days, unless there is a clear reason for extending this timescale and in such cases, the customer is informed about the delays.
- Communicate the decision in writing, if the customer is satisfied with the outcome, Complaint is closed, and outcome is recorded.
If you are still not satisfied
with the relevant Fair Trading or Consumer Affairs office in your state or territory, as follows:
- Clean Energy Council:
- Phone: 03 9929 4100
- Address: Level 15, 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Australian Competition & Consumer Commission:
- Phone: 1300 302 502
- Address: GPO Box 520, Melbourne VIC 3001
- Consumer Affairs Victoria:
- Phone: 1300 558 181
- Address: GPO Box 123, Melbourne VIC 3001